2. How we collect and hold your personal information
We may also obtain your personal information from our affiliates or advertising partners, clients, contractors, customers and other third parties such as survey or competition websites, marketing websites, any other websites accessible via our website that we consider helps us to deliver or advertise our services, understand online activity and collect information that we consider important to managing the quality or content of the services that we deliver.
We may also collect your personal information from share registries contracted by us to manage GoTradie share applications and holdings, from publicly available sources of information and/or where legally required or authorised to do so.
Once we have collected your personal information, we may hold it electronically or in paper files.
3. Why we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes: To perform and manage our business functions or activities, including providing our products or services to you;
- 1. To manage invoicing and payment systems and services;
- 2. To manage our relationship with you as a user, customer and/or shareholder;
- 3. To manage risks and identify or investigate illegal activities or activities in breach of our Terms and Conditions, including by verifying your identity, ABN and/or your professional licences;
- 4. To review, process and assess your applications;
- 5. To market and advertise our services and the services of other entities with whom we have relationships, including entities that market and promote goods and services unrelated to those which we market and promote, and for the operation of the businesses of third parties including the supply of products or services by those third parties;
- 6. To assist you gain approval to be connected with customers for particular job categories;
- 7. To research, design, develop, manage, provide and improve our products and services;
- 8. To contact you;
- 9. To comply with laws, including laws regarding handling matters relevant to shares, share applicants and shareholders and assist government, licensing or law enforcement agencies;
- 10. To undertake acts or practices related to the matters described above.
4. Who we disclose your personal information to
Your information may be disclosed to persons or companies within GoTradie for the purposes noted in the ‘Why we collect hold, use and disclose your personal information” section above. We may also disclose your personal information to people or organisations outside of GoTradie for the purposes noted in the ‘Why we collect hold, use and disclose your personal information” section above and to other parties and for other purposes as specified below: This may include:
- 1. Organisations who manage some of our business activities and functions, including call centre services, marketing, corporate administration and corporate strategies;
- 2. Service providers, including share registry service providers, IT service providers and sponsors and/or promoters;
- 3. Organisations with whom GoTradie has a business relationship (e.g. partners, joint venture entities, agents, contractors or external service providers) for the operation of their businesses;
- 4. Third party payment processing providers or debt recovery agencies in connection with billing or payment for the provision of services to GoTradie users or customers;
- 5. The police or other relevant authorities, licensing or enforcement bodies;
- 6. Government and regulatory authorities or organisations (such as ASX or ASIC) or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
- 7. Internet service providers or network administrators, including, if we have reason to suspect you have committed a breach of our terms and conditions or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity and we reasonably believe such disclosure is necessary.
5. Transfer of personal information overseas
In order to provide you with the best products and services possible, we may transfer or disclose personal information we have collected about you to a person or organisation in a foreign country including:
- 1. To our service providers located [Speak to A&S re the Devs]
- 2. To service providers who store data or operate outside Australia; and/or
- 3. Otherwise as required or authorised by law.
Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. GoTradie encourages users to be aware of this when they leave the GoTradie site and to read the privacy statements of each other web site that collects personally identifiable information.
7. Security and storage
GoTradie places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers and contractors. We have security measures in place to protect against the misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of personal information under our control. GoTradie retains the information you provide to us (including possibly your contact or bank account details) to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user's personal information, GoTradie cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. We note that you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Access to and correction of personal information GoTradie is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant, and appropriate information about our customers and web-site users. To obtain access or seek correction of your personal information that we hold, please contact us using the details set out below in the section titled "Contacting us". So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information. You may request that inaccurate information will be corrected. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you. If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
10. Contacting us
11. Who are GoTradie?
GoTradie operates an digital platform allowing Users (Seeker) to connect through the GoTradie Platform with other Users (Tradie) who provide Services GoTradie provides a better, smarter way to connect tradies and consumers and get the job done well. We are on a mission to improve the way Tradies operate and build their businesses and make home improvement effortlessly efficient and our aim is to create a seamless experience for tradies and seekers. Drafted January 2021 copyright GoTradie 2021
12. User Agreement
13. Scope of GoTradie Services
13.1. GoTradie provides the GoTradie Platform to enable Seekers to publish Posted Jobs. 13.2. Tradies may make an Offer in response to a Posted Job. Some parts of Offer details may be made publicly available, including to internet users who are not Users. 13.3. A Seeker may revoke or modify a Posted Job at any time before he/she accepts an Offer. 13.4. If a Seeker accepts a Tradie Quote on the GoTradie Platform, a Job Contract is created between the Tradie and the Seeker. 13.5. Upon creation of a Job Contract, the Seeker and Tradie …… 13.6. Once the Job Contract is created, the Tradie and Seeker may vary the Job Contract on the GoTradie Platform. The Seeker and Tradie are encouraged to use GoTradie's private messaging system to amend or vary the Job Contract (including the Agreed Price) or to otherwise communicate. 13.7. Once the Services are complete, the Seeker marks the job as complete on the GoTradie Platform and the Tradie can issue an invoice directly to the Seeker. 13.8. After the Job Contract is completed, the parties are encouraged to provide feedback regarding the Services on the GoTradie Platform. 13.9. GoTradie may also provide a Location Search Assist feature enabling Seekers to submit an Offer for Services. 13.10. An Offer submitted by a Seeker using Location Search Assist may be notified to other Users and such Users may elect to make an Instant Claim of it. 13.11. A Seeker may revoke or modify its Offer in using Location Search Assist, including for Recurring Services, at any time before a Tradie makes an Instant Claim. GoTradie reserves the right to cancel all Posted Jobs made prior to the revocation or modification. 13.12. Admin 13.13. Payment
14. GoTradie's role and obligations
- 1. Identity information such as your name, age or date of birth, contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile phone number), occupation, licence information, driver’s licence or passport number, usernames or passwords; and
- 2. Financial details such as your bank account details or credit card information